Report: Convention Services Keep Groups Coming Back
A recent survey conducted by the Event Service Professionals Association found that most meeting planners feel their experience with their convention services manager "greatly influences" their decision to rebook a venue.
In fact, a full 71 percent of meeting planners said the quality of convention/event services greatly impacts whether they would bring their business back to the venue.
“The results of this survey validate the importance of event services and the direct impact it has on securing repeat business,” Julie Pingston, ESPA President said in a statement. “We hope these findings will encourage further collaboration between event service professionals and meeting planners, as their partnership is crucial to achieve continued event success.”
Meeting planners from across North America were asked to participate in the survey. In addition to repeat business, planners also noted:
• 100 percent indicated event service professionals have a significant impact on the successful execution of their events.
• 88 percent indicated the quality of service provided by event service professionals greatly affects their perception of a hotel, convention center or CVB.
• 81 percent indicated continuing education by event service professionals is extremely important to keep up with industry trends, compliance and best practices when it comes to servicing their meetings.
• 75 percent feel more comfortable and confident in an event service professional’s ability to service their event if they belong to a professional organization.
Meeting planners have specified to ESPA that quality of service represents that the event service professional:
· Anticipates meeting planners’ needs
· Understands and provides creativity, fresh thinking and new ideas
· Is responsive (quick turnaround)
· Is resourceful within the hotel
· Knows best practices
The 2015 ESPA Annual Conference will be held January 9-11 at the Sheraton Chicago Towers and Hotel in Chicago, Illinois. Sessions offer credit towards CMP certification. For more information on ESPA and its Annual Conference, visit www.espaonline.org.