Portugal: Tips for Going Back to Normal After Organizing an Event
The stress and adrenaline levels while organising an event can be very high - from planning it to its final balance the bustle is huge! How do you act at the end of an event to allow your body and mind to go back to normal? We spoke with Filipa Jardim da Silva, a clinical psychologist at Oficina de Psicologia, who left us some tips.
1. Whenever is possible, take an absolute rest day after the event to make the transition more peacefully.
2. Have some time when the event is over to establish your organisation for the first few days step-by-step, setting new goals.
3. Set priorities and do not feel overwhelmed by everything that was pending during the event organisation. Prioritise, plan, delegate, ignore what is neither important nor urgent - realise that time is a scarce resource and that you are human!
4. Keep a pleasure activity, a hobby, something different from your job.
5. Take care of your rest, adjust your sleep and food rhythms that may have been altered with the event organisation.
6. Ensure some physical exercise for about 30 minutes, essential to recycle daily stress and supply energy levels.