Home > Association category > Meetings & Events
Related topics: Meetings & Events,Event category, Featured Story
June 5, 2015

U.S. Travel's 2015 IPW Sets Business Meeting Record




This week, more than 6,500 delegates from 73 countries, including over 1,300 international and domestic travel buyers and 500 media from the U.S. and abroad, attended the U.S. Travel Association's 47th annual IPW (also known as International Pow-Wow). The event, the largest single generator of travel to the U.S., convened in Orlando, Florida at the Orange County Convention Center from May 30-June 3.

Over the course of three days, nearly 100,000 pre-scheduled business meetings—a record for IPW—took place between travel buyers and U.S. travel organizations. Travel initiated by IPW is projected to bring 8.8 million international visitors to the United States, $28 billion in total spending, and $4.7 billion in direct bookings to U.S. destinations over the next three years, according to the independent firm Rockport Analytics.

While the immediate projected economic impact for Orlando is $11.6 million, the event is expected to generate an estimated $1.7 billion in direct economic impact and an additional 1 million visitors for Orlando over the next three years.

Since IPW was last in Orlando in 2010, there has been significant growth in the number of travel buyers from key international markets, including the United Kingdom (40%), Brazil (30%), Mexico (66 percent), Germany (17 percent) and Japan (10 percent). This year, the Chinese delegation was the largest-ever at 109. Overall, the total delegation at IPW has increased 27 percent compared to Orlando 2010.


What do you think of this $type?
 


PUBLISHING PARTNERS

 

GLOBAL ASSOCIATION PARTNERS

GLOBAL EVENT PARTNERS

   IT&CM China  Caribbean Meeting Incentive Travel Exchange      Gulf Incentive, Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition EIBTM IBTM IMEX America  IT&CMA IT&CM China IT&CM India Conventa BTC convene  cventMBTMMA 2013 COCAL 

GLOBAL AGENCY PARTNERS                                                                                           OFFICIAL TRADE SHOW PARTNER FOR THE UK MEETINGS MARKET 

MCI Ovation Euromic