MPI Raises $190,000 During IMEX America
The Meeting Professionals International Foundation announced yesterday that it had it raised more than $190,000 during IMEX America in Las Vegas this week, setting a new record for the most funds raised through one event. The money was generated through ticket sales for Rendezvous, the IMEX America Night, and directly benefits the MPI Foundation Education Endowment, which provides chapter grants and scholarships to MPI members around the world.
Rendezvous, the IMEX America Night is the foundation’s largest annual networking fundraiser. This year there were more than 1,600 people in attendance, an increase of 39 percent compared to last year. The foundation hosted the event at Drai’s Beach Club and Nightclub on the rooftop of The Cromwell.
Earlier this year, the MPI Foundation raised more than $170,000 during the 2014 World Education Congress (WEC), setting a new record for the most money raised at an MPI conference. During WEC 2014 in August, the foundation held three fundraisers, including The Big Deal, an official World Series of Poker satellite tournament; the Not-So-Silent Auction; and Rendezvous.
The MPI Foundation currently offers MPI membership 21 different types of scholarship opportunities as well as three types of grants for MPI chapters. Detailed information, applications and success stories can be found on the foundation’s website at www.mpiweb.org/foundation.
Rendezvous, the IMEX America Night was sponsored by Caesars Entertainment, as well as presenting sponsors IMEX America, Universal Orlando, Freeman, and Synchronicities.
Beyond the fundraising, MPI noted the following accomplishments from the week:
· Almost 900 unique attendees participated in MPI’s Smart Monday education sessions.
· Nearly 1,100 total attendance for the keynote sessions presented by MPI.
· MPI delivered 43 education sessions totaling 45.25 clock hours, including 39 education and four keynote sessions.
· 31 of MPI’s education sessions took place on Smart Monday including four deep dives and MPI's Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate (HMCC) course.
· 81 percent of MPI’s sessions were eligible for clock hours.
· For the first time, MPI presented education in its booth (#3408) during the tradeshow.