'Meetings Mean Business' to Present Panel Discussion at AIBTM
The Americas Incentive, Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition (AIBTM) has finalized a key session at its annual show: The “Meetings Mean Business Coalition”—a group of senior officials from the meetings, events and travel industry—will participate in a panel discussion highlighting industry trends and initiatives to educate the public and private sector on the economic and social benefits of meetings, conferences, incentive travel and trade shows.
The panel will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. on Wednesday, June 11 in the Chapin Theater at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) and is open to all attendees of AIBTM 2014.
RELATED: Industry Associations Unite to Promote Value of Meetings
“The Meetings Mean Business Coalition” was launched in 2009 by top meetings and events executives in the U.S. to raise awareness to the value of in-person meetings and trade shows that create personal connections, drive positive business outcomes, and create jobs and generate revenue locally.
“The Meetings Mean Business Coalition has been instrumental in proving that business is still done best when people come together face-to-face,” said Michael Lyons, exhibition director of AIBTM. “Since its formation, the coalition has served as a significant source of insights on the meetings industry.”
The “Meetings Mean Business @AIBTM” panel is currently slated to include:
· Hilton Worldwide Senior VP of Group Sales and Industry Relations as well as co-chair of Meetings Mean Business Coalition Larry Luteran
· Visit Orlando President and CEO George Aguel
· U.S. Travel Association President and CEO Roger Dow
· American Society for Association Executives President and CEO John Graham
· Site Global Chief Staff Officer Kevin Hinton
· International Association of Events & Exhibitions President and CEO David DuBois
· Professional Convention Management Association President and CEO Deborah Sexton
· Meeting Professionals International President and CEO Paul Van Deventer
AIBTM takes place from June 10-12, 2014 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. To apply for the AIBTM Hosted Buyer program or register to attend AIBTM as a Trade Visitor, go to www.aibtm.com/Visiting.