New events trade show for BrusselsSeptember 30, 2011 By: Ian Whiteling, Joint Editorin Chief
Another year, another revamped meetings event in Belgium, or so it would seem, as this year’s EMIF will be replaced by Business and Meetings Solutions in 2012.
The change has come about despite EMIF being marked by "both a qualitative improvement of the visitors and a significant increase in the exhibitors’ and visitors’ satisfaction”, according to organiser Artexis.
“Following the reorganisation of its portfolio of exhibitions and concentration of its investments on its main targets, Artexis decided not to organize EMIF in the future and to sell Promo Factory to Conceptum SA,” read a recent statement by the organiser.
The result is that Promo Factory will now be integrated into Business and Meeting Solutions, described as a national market place with five zones of exhibitors :
• Promo Factory (promotional items, merchandising, business gifts, gadgets)
• Office Solutions (stationery, office supplies, software, furniture, phone and network providers)
• Meeting Solutions (hotels, convention centers, destinations, audio-visual equipment, transportation)
• Exhibitor Solutions (booths, furniture, decoration, plants, hostesses, entertainment, tents)
• Catering Solutions (caterers, restaurants, catering equipment)
Business and Meeting Solutions promises to attract management assistants, office managers, marketing managers, meeting planners, human resources managers, professional conference organisers and purchasers. The new event is due to take place at Brussels Expo from 21-22 March 2012.