Home > Asia > Brunei > Zaire
Related topics: Zaire,Europe, Events
March 8, 2009
|

EIBTM 2008 attendance up 6% on 2007




The official independent ABC audit confirms that last year’s European incentive travel and meetings show, EIBTM, achieved a total attendance of 8,100 visitors and hosted buyers, establishing the event as the largest gathering of the global meetings industry that has been independently audited.

Top line statistics from the record event include:
– A 25% increase (over 2007) in pre-scheduled appointments, which topped 50,000. 
– 2,600 delegates participating in the education programme, 30% up on 2007.
– 3,725 hosted buyers, up over 12% on the previous year.
– 8,100 total attendance, marking a 6% increase on 2007.

Comments from exhibitors, hosted buyers and trade visitors confirmed that EIBTM 2008 was a bumper year. 

Peter Bull of Saleslink Marketing Portugal said: “We had 290 pre-scheduled appointments in three days. We haven’t stopped. On Wednesday we had 14 signed specific group enquiries.”

Meanwhile, Tereza Zarogianni of Eventit Greece said: “It’s been fantastic business – no recession here, at least not here at EIBTM.”

Suzan Tosunlar, director of Brand Services at Swisshotel, was actually surprised by the success of the event in the current climate, saying: “We received lots of good requests – it was far better than expected.”

Hosted buyers joined in the praise, with Dicky Riel, general manager at A La Carte International, commenting: “This was the most fantastic EIBTM event so far. I am very positive and did all my appointments plus twenty more.”

Final show statistics show that the largest ever gathering of hosted buyers came from as far afield as Austrlalia, China, India, Thailand and the Americas. There was also an increase in visitors from all of the major markets over previous years, including more people from Germany, France, Switzerland, France, UK, Italy and Spain, from which 2,810 visitors attended – an increase of 36.3% on 2007. Overall, Europe represented 89.2% of the total visitor attendance, with the remaining 10.8% from the rest of the world.

“This year’s EIBTM proved to be one of the most successful shows to date,” said Barbara Jamison, sales manager, Europe at Visit London. “Some 2,000 clients visited the stand with £54 million worth of enquiries received to date, and we had record visitor figures to both our London destination presentations and to our partner areas.”

Commenting on the excellent feedback received, Paul Kennedy, group exhibition director at Reed Travel Exhibitions Meetings and Incentive Events, which organised EIBTM, said: “These comments and EIBTM’s record figures show not only how resilient the meetings market is in challenging times, but the reputation EIBTM has as the place to do business. To me, it certainly seemed that more actual business was being transacted on the show floor than ever before.”

EIBTM 2009 takes place from 1-3 December in Barcelona.

For more information, visit www.eibtm.com


What do you think of this $type?
 


PUBLISHING PARTNERS

 

GLOBAL ASSOCIATION PARTNERS

GLOBAL EVENT PARTNERS

   IT&CM China  Caribbean Meeting Incentive Travel Exchange      Gulf Incentive, Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition EIBTM IBTM IMEX America  IT&CMA IT&CM China IT&CM India Conventa BTC convene  cventMBTMMA 2013 COCAL 

GLOBAL AGENCY PARTNERS                                                                                           OFFICIAL TRADE SHOW PARTNER FOR THE UK MEETINGS MARKET 

MCI Ovation Euromic