Canada: Mont Tremblant Gets More Airlift from Toronto
Mont Tremblant, Quebec, one of Canada’s leading resort destinations, is getting more airlift from the country’s business capital, Toronto.
Air Canada will be running non-stop flights between Toronto and Tremblant four times a week, between December 18, 2014 and March 30, 2015. Porter Airlines, which operates out of Toronto’s Billy Bishop Island Airport, has offered year-round service to the resort since 2010.
A short hour’s flight from Toronto, Mont Tremblant is a four-season destination offering world-class skiing, golf, hiking and more. It is also a popular choice for meetings and incentive travel.
The pedestrian village has 41 meeting rooms of all sizes; 1,800 units of accommodation, ranging from simple hotel rooms to fully-equipped, five-bedroom luxury condominiums; and 75 restaurants, boutiques and bars.
Hotels and dedicated meeting facilities include:
- Le Fairmont Tremblant (22,000-sq.-ft. convention center)
- Marriott Resident Inn (3,000 square feet of meeting space)
- Le Centre des congrès Tremblant (12 rooms totaling 10,500 square feet)
- Le Westin Resort & Spa Tremblant (4,500 square feet in six meeting and banquet rooms)
- Casino de Mont-Tremblant (five multifunctional rooms for groups from eight to 150)
- Hôtel du Lac (10 meeting and banquet rooms in 10,000+ square feet)
- Comfort Inn and Suites Mont-Tremblant (two meeting rooms)
- Hôtel Quintessence (4,000 square feet of meeting space)
- Le Grand Lodge Mont-Tremblant (13 meeting rooms totaling 12,000 square feet)
- Cap Tremblant (large meeting room and private lodges.
In addition, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is opening a new Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites in early 2015.
Patrice Malo, chairman of the board, Tremblant Resort Association, says the new direct Air Canada connection between Toronto and Tremblant International Airport is excellent news for the resort. “In addition to offering leisure travellers new possibilities, this new non-stop service offers us a global connection by positioning Tremblant alongside international organizations as on the highly competitive business tourism market.”
For more information visit aircanada.com and tremblant.ca.