Canada: Delta Opens Flagship Property in Toronto
Delta Hotels and Resorts, a leading Canadian hotel management company, will open the doors of its new flagship hotel in Toronto’s South Core neighbourhood on November 27th, 2014.
Conveniently located near the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium, Union Station and Rogers Centre, the Delta Toronto is the city's newest four-star hotel. It is linked to PATH, a series of inter-connecting underground pathways through the downtown core, which allows easy access to entertainment, restaurants, the Bay Street business district and more.
The property features:
• 16,000 square feet of technologically-advanced meeting and conference facilities, including the 6,528-square-foot SoCo Ballroom and the 3,528-square-foot Kensington Jr. Ballroom
• 567 oversized guestrooms, ranging in size from 360 square feet to 756 square feet, and offering views of Lake Ontario or the city skyline
• SmartDesk™ multiple connectivity docks in each room
• 16 luxury extended-stay suites
• 120-seat street-level restaurant
• Indoor, heated pool and 1,400-square-foot fitness centre
The hotel has been designed with the latest sustainable features and built according to LEED standards.
“The Delta Toronto is truly a unique hotel property in the Greater Toronto Area market,” says Ken Greene, president and CEO of Delta Hotels and Resorts. “Toronto has not seen a purpose-built four-star hotel in two decades. We are excited to bring our upscale hospitality experience, as well as our reputation for service excellence, to Toronto’s newest neighbourhood.”
Photo credit: Delta Hotels & Resorts