GBTA to Launch New Strategic Meetings Management Courses
|Photo by Rawpixel/iStock/Getty Images Plus/Getty Images|
The Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) is rolling out a new series of strategic meetings management courses, starting this month: Corporate Meetings Program and Design: It’s about TIME.
The course focuses on both the key competencies and advanced principles required to start a corporate meetings program or advance your existing program. The online course begins on April 26, 2017, and runs over five weeks.
Designed for mid-level meetings management and procurement professionals, this course will be led by Cindy Heston, the director of travel and events for Anthem. Heston oversees a team responsible for the travel and event needs of more than 50,000 Anthem associates.
The five, 90-minute modules that make up the course will cover the following key learnings:
- Stakeholder Identification (April 26): This module will help you learn how to identify the benefits and attributes of successful meetings management programs, discover the importance of knowing all the stakeholders and customers in an enterprise, and learn to understand the importance of aligning strategic business goals and objectives to the meetings management program.
- Building a Business Case (May 3): In this module you will learn the key components of building a business case, learn how to build an effective business case for any part of the meetings management methodology and uncover the resources that are available to you.
- Architect Your Meeting Program (May 10): The third module will help you identify the key elements, benefits and outcomes of meeting policy creation. You will also learn how to craft and communicate effective corporate policies and procedures by demonstrating subject matter expertise in legal and risk management terms.
- Procurement and Travel Synergies (May 17): You will learn to track the evolution of procurement in relation to strategic meetings management. Find out how to differentiate between RFI, RFQ and RFP while demonstrating the value and application of each approach. In addition, you will understand how to evaluate the common measures of success for procurement while developing a specific strategy to manage contracting work for meetings.
- Technology and Data Visualization (May 24): In this final session, discover the latest technology available for meetings management and procurement professionals. Find out how to maximize the efficacy of your program by obtaining and analyzing data from various sources and learn how to organize your stakeholders into groups and evaluate them with specific SMMP metrics. Finally, you will review best practices in the implementation, training, launch and post-launch of technology products and services.
Participants who complete all 5 modules and pass a 10 question quiz following each module will earn a Certificate of Achievement.